Internships with WildCare Inc.
We are now accepting applications for Spring 2020 Internships!
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and two references to email@example.com. The deadline for applications is November 30th, 2019.
|Interns at WildCare Inc. will learn:|
- the identification, natural history, and husbandry of native Indiana wildlife
- basic wildlife handling skills for a variety of bird, mammal, and reptile species
- how to hand-rear orphaned native Indiana wildlife
- how to recognize and treat illnesses and injuries in native Indiana wildlife
- the state and federal regulations pertaining to wildlife rehabilitation
- to communicate with and educate the public about human/wildlife conflict and how to resolve those conflicts humanely
- how to recognize appropriate physical and behavioral markers for successful release
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be able to complete one long-term project independently
- Must have reliable transportation to and from our center
- Must be able to occasionally lift heavy loads, sometimes exceeding 40 lbs.
- Must be able to start between January 13th and January 24th
- Must be able to complete 12 consecutive weeks
- Must be able to complete four 2-3 hour shifts per week
Our internships do not offer a stipend or housing, but you do get a cool t-shirt!